- more than 50% of Americans either own or work for a small business
- “As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories.”
The SBA is hosting events daily, across the country – most of the local events have been sold out, but look for videos of events in each city as several sessions with guest speakers are being live streamed each day. [There will also be Google+ Hangouts live, and free, each afternoon at 4pm EDT – see below for details.]
- Monday 6/17 – at Microsoft in Seattle; also an online event Monday afternoon on “Getting Started with Social Media”, done as a Google Hangout – featuring Ria Tobaccowala from Google + Marketing, Christine Tseng, Twitter’s head of SMB Marketing, Erica Ayotte, of Constant Contact, and Aaron Strout of W20 Group. [some of the streaming video of sessions are available online at the SBA site – check back for live video each day]
- Tuesday 6/18 – live streaming of speakers and events at Arlington (TX) Convention Center; Google+ Hangout on “Managing Your Business’s Online Reputation”, with panelists from Google, Yelp, LinkedIn, OpenSky’s founder, Manta.com, and Dun & Bradstreet.
- Wednesday 6/19 – live streaming of speakers and events held at Harris-Stowe State University in St Louis; and the Google+ Hangout for Wednesday is “ How a mentor can help your business” with panelists from the SBA, AARP, Montana Women’s Business Center, and the Michigan Small Business Technology & Development Center.
- Thursday 6/20 – live streaming of speakers and events at Pittsburgh Technical Institute in Oakdale; the Google+ Hangout is “How to get a loan for your business” with panelists from Wells Fargo, SCORE, SBA and a current SBA loan recipient (a brewing company!)
- Friday 6/21 – live streaming of speakers and events held at the Renaissance Washington, DC (inc speakers from the GSA, Raytheon and Tarkenton, Angie’s List, Northrop Grumman, and Visa) [No Hangout is listed for Friday]
Small business owners can tweet questions to panelists – use #SBW2013
No registration needed to watch a hangout.
All of the Google+ Hangouts will start at 4pm EDT and can be seen at:
Check here for the live streaming of events: http://www.sba.gov/nsbw/